This Blog is

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Movie Review: "Dracula Untold"

Normally, if you tell me there's a movie about Count Dracula coming out, I get pretty excited. But unfortunately, Gary Shores' "Dracula Untold" was just another bunch of shit trying to ride the vampire fad train. The cast wasn't overly recognizable, mostly a bunch of "Oh, that's that dude from that thing that I never saw." The lead actress was kinda hot, so that's a plus, but besides that, this movie had nothing worth watching. The story was supposed to be a rewritten origin story for Vlad the Impaler, but it was just a bunch of cliches thrown together to make something sort of resemble an action flick; old dude who helps grant main character superhuman powers, the bad guy who looks like he just walked out of a greasy New Jersey strip club, and a shitty love story that tried to be relevant to the plot. I was also highly disappointed with the fight scenes. I get the fact that he can regenerate and has crazy strength, but the guy never loses a fucking fight, which really kills it for me. Also, how can you have a film with your lead character named Vlad the IMPALER, but only impales one guy throughout the entire film? Anyways, the movie was a large let down for me, so I have to give it a D grade. If you're into that kind of movie, it might be worth a download, but I assure you, not worth the $10 to see in theaters.


No comments:

Post a Comment